We’re looking for an experienced commercial brewer to lead the Brewing Operations Function and join our Leadership Team in a new & important role. It's a great opportunity to become part of our leadership team and help shape the future of the business. Are you ready to help step change Malt The Brewery? Read on.....
You’ll be responsible for all aspects of the brewing process – raw materials, wort production, yeast management, fermentation, racking, packaging, QA, SOPs, cleaning, detailed record keeping & HACCP.
As a commercially minded & technically astute brewer, you’ll have the opportunity to lead a new program of innovation and short-run brewing, utilising some amazing, brand new kit. You'll help us try-out new ideas, establish new routes to market and attract new segments.
If you’re an experienced brewer with a proven track record, this is your chance to put your stamp on something, see the fruits of your graft, join a high-performing team of great people AND join us on the next stage of this exciting voyage.
Skills and Experience Required
- General Certificate in Brewing (IBD) or solid equivalent career experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a commercial brewer
- Designed and launched a number of successful beer brands
- Line Management and coaching experience
- Commercial thinking
- Good communication skills
- A range of SOPs, processes & good practice from the industry
- Good problem solving skills
- Technical QA experience
- Lives within a comfortable commuting distance of the brewery (HP160HW)
- Team player willing to deliver shared goals
- Current clean UK driving licence
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items
- A Brewing, Scientific or Food Science degree (or demonstrable equivalent)
- Working towards IBD Diploma in Brewing
- Flexible and prepared to contribute in all areas of the business as required
- Current forklift truck licence
- A current first aid in the workplace certificate
Normal working hours
The brewery currently operates from 9am on Tuesdays until 7pm Saturdays. This role will be product and demand led so flexibility will be required. This includes visits to the brewery on ‘rest-days’, representing the business at markets, events and hosting brewery tours.
- Competitive industry-indexed salary
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Workplace Pension
- Staff discounts
- Beer allowance
- Sociable and friendly team culture
- Share Options & profit related pay*
- Long term value-creation for your future
*We believe the whole team should share the long-term rewards as we work hard together. Therefore, once you’ve got your feet under the brewers desk (in our new office) and shown us what you can do, there’s a real chance to ‘get some skin in the game’ with share options. This will be as equally important to you as your salary.
How to apply
If you're excited by this opportunity send your application and CV to email@example.com or email us to arrange a chat.