Join the Team
EXPERIENCED BREWER WANTED
Malt The Brewery is a British-made 10BBL microbrewery, shop & tasting room located on a dairy farm in Prestwood, right at the heart of the Chiltern Hills (AONB).You’ll be joining us at an exciting and important time in our history. Before the Pandemic, we’d just completed a local crowd funding campaign, which gained us 54 local investors. We’re now getting back to our transformation plans, including the creation of some new roles and the installation of some new production equipment and new processes.
You won’t be alone though! This role is an important part of our leadership team and comes with a real opportunity to help shape the future of the business.
As a commercially minded & technically astute brewer, you’ll have the opportunity to lead a new program of short-run brewing, to help us try-out new ideas, establish new routes to market and attract new segments.
Part of ‘The Malt’ experience comes from our close relationship with our consumers and local community, so you’ll be welcomed into a growing social scene in the busy Tap-Room, which recently doubled in size.
Your big opportunity
If you’re an experienced brewer with a proven track record, this is your chance to put your stamp on something, see the fruits of your graft, join a high-performing team of great people AND join us on the next stage of this exciting voyage.
- General Certificate in Brewing (IBD) or solid equivalent career experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a commercial brewer
- Designed and launched a number of successful beer brands
- Line Management and coaching experience
- Commercial thinking
- Good communication skills
- A range of SOPs, processes & good practice from the industry
- Good problem solving skills
- Technical QA experience
- Lives within a comfortable commuting distance of the brewery (HP160HW)
- Team player willing to deliver shared goals
- Current clean UK driving licence
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy items
- A Brewing, Scientific or Food Science degree (or demonstrable equivalent)
- Working towards IBD Diploma in Brewing
- Flexible and prepared to contribute in all areas of the business as required
- Current forklift truck licence
- A current first aid in the workplace certificate
Normal working hours
The brewery current operates from 9am on Tuesdays until 7pm Saturdays, but this role will be product and demand led. Flexibility will be required, including visits to the brewery on ‘rest-days’, representing the business at markets, events and hosting brewery tours.
- Competitive industry-indexed salary
- Competitive holiday allowance
- Workplace Pension
- Staff discounts
- Beer allowance
- Sociable and friendly team culture
- Share Options & profit related pay
- Long term value-creation for your future
How to apply
Send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or email us to arrange a chat.